A2 Media production portfolio

Friday 4 November 2011

Ways to last the full viewing of my horror film

Horror as genre can create upsetting scenes. As a producer of a short horror film I have made simple guidelines for my target audience, to help them last the full film to admire my work.
  • Certificate 15. Best efforts to not allow younger generations of the certificate rating to view my film to stop any inconveniences. This is because of violent and disturbing scenes in my horror film. For example one character throwing the other into the river and then comes back alive to take revenge kills other character, on floor covered in fake blood.
  • People of a nervous disposition should always be accompanied by a cushion, easy access to cover face from seeing uneasy footage. For example character comes back as a evil spirit, face comes large on screen with loud sound, which gives you a shock/ scary. 
  •  Good advice would be to eat beforehand as after watching this film food will not be your main priority. For example at the end of film character lying on the floor dead in his boxer shorts covered in blood.
  • This film is not based on a true story however nightmares are always a possibility after watching my film. For example two brothers kill each other, which is not nice to watch especially with characters been of a young generation.
  • Highly advised not to watch this film on your own, company will be needed. This is to slow your heart rate down knowing someone is with you. Shocks will be shown on the second part of the film with scary scenes and uneasy music, which can be upsetting to certain individuals especially if they are on their own. 
These markers are only brief, if you have any more useful guidelines I would be thankful for you to leave a comment and I shall add them on. To allow my target audience to fully understand why I have created these markers I have added example from a direct link to my film so my audience will know what to expect when viewing.

1 comment:

  1. You need to apply each one of the comments to a specific moment in your film to make it more relevant to your work

    ReplyDelete