A2 Media production portfolio

Tuesday 21 February 2012

Successful Images

This is the image I have chosen to use in my horror film poster. The reason for my choice is because it gives my target audience a connection straight away with my characters and also the feeling of unrest between both my main characters. I have shown this from both my characters looking lost in a different direction. My intention is to not give to much away about my film, however this image indicates that something is not right between each character. The black and white affect adds to the feeling that this poster is a direct link to a horror film. The location of my image is shown to be in a dark place somewhere you could understand a scary event to take place. Overall I believe this is a very strong image for a horror film poster with the main attraction of both characters facial expressions being shown clearly.





















This image before being edited was my preliminary film poster image. I had previously decided not to use this image as my horror film poster because of both main characters not been shown. However after looking back at my preliminary film poster image I decided the quality of the image was too good not to be used. This is why I decided to use this image for my horror film review page. Finally to use the preliminary image to its best potential I edited it heavily in the programme photo shop. The way I made this image more affective for a direct link to my horror film, which has a sub genre of 'evil spirit', I changed the contrast of colours and used the sharpen tool to create this scary image of my character. Overall I think this image really stands out and is exactly what I was looking to create for a evil child and I think it will do well in attracting my target audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment